“Ma sedendo e mirando interminati spazi…ove per poco il cor non si spaura…”
These are Leopardi’s words which probably would cross your mind while reaching the Faro Voltiano in Brunate with its limitless panorama.
Built in 1927 by engineer Giussani to celebrate the centenary of Alessandro Volta’s death, this 95 ft tall lighthouse can be easily reached on its very top by a 143 steps winding staircase.
Its spotlight has been illuminated the City of Como every night so far and it’s also visible even at long distance.
You may get on top Brunate hill by both a paved road and a funicular.
From 29th October 2018 to 29th march 2019:
- Saturday, Sunday and Holidays open from 10 am to 5 pm.
- Closed in case of bad weather
From Saturday 30th march 2019
- Monday – Tuesday – Thursday – Friday- Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 7 pm
- Wednesday and in case of bad weather: closed
- € 1.00 up to 18 years
- € 2.00 ordinary
- € 1.00 each for groups of 15 or more